At Gimi, we believe that Financial Superskills are essential in a modern cashless society and that kids should learn early-on how to earn, save and spend their own money. So we’re building the best personal finance app on the planet – for kids and parents alike. Founded in Stockholm in 2015, Gimi aims to become the world’s leading financial platform for young people.
ABOUT THE JOB
What’s the role? You will help build upon the existing application codebase to get us to the next level. The backend is a python Django app, deployed on AWS using RDS flavoured Postgres. We have a React native client doing all the frontend magic but that's another role if you're interested in that.
- Follow best practices in creating maintainable and high quality code
- Collaborate with product owners to ensure features/changes meet business requirements and fulfill the Gimi strategy
- Work closely with designers, UX, and other developers to gain understanding of new features, dependencies, and technical details
- You will learn, grow professionally, contribute to an amazing team, and play a key role in fueling a massive change in financial literacy.
- You are comfortable creating highly scalable systems
- Possess strong communication, collaboration, and documentation skills
- Solution driven with ability to understand the big picture
- You are a lifelong learner and passionate about learning new things and taking on new challenges
- Detail oriented, and able to work autonomously with minimal direction
- 3-5+ years experience developing software using object oriented languages and web frameworks
- At least one year of Python experience
- Experienced designing web APIs
- Experience deploying container based applications
- TDD - You can not sleep if you do not have tests
Right now we're not asking for anything other than programming skill and a good attitude. What do we mean when we say good attitude? We're looking for intellectual curiosity, a problem solving mindset and an honest outlook.
We offer flexible working hours and the possibility to work partly remotely.
SOME FACTS ABOUT GIMI
- Winner of Mastercard Lighthouse awards autumn 2020
- Europe’s top 100 hottest Startups 2019 according to Wired
- Editor’s choice - Best app all categories - App Store
- 1,5M downloads
- Approved by Young Money (UK) as educational tool
- Partnership with Mastercard
- Founders of the Fin Lit network where scientists, politicians, teachers and representatives from private and public sector meets and discuss financial literacy for children
- We do not support relocation at the moment
Does this sound like you or someone you know? Drop a line to Lisa, COO, at firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your linkedin profile or CV.