Welcome to Gimi
At Gimi we are teaching children to handle their money and to understand the complex financial landscape they are growing up in. Often, children are not exposed to money since the society in going cashless, they are not taught in school since there are none or very few hours of financial literacy on the curriculums. Furthermore, many children are not fortunate enough to have parents that can teach them. Gimi is trying to improve their changes of becoming financial independent by providing an app where they learn how to save, spend and earn money. The hands on practical experience is combined with lessons within financial literacy based on the latest research in digital didactics.
Gimi tech stack
- React Native
What skills you need
You enjoy and have experience in delivering customer facing products. You are also accustomed to collaborate with backend, product management and design.
- At least 2 years experience of iOS or Android development
- Understanding of the complete development cycle/process
- Knowledge in React Native development
- Knowledge in JS, flow/typescript and node
Nice to have
- Experience in CI/CD with Bitrise or similar
- Experience in Google firebase
You will be responsible for the whole life cycle of the app including requirement handling, architecture, implementation, testing, deployment and maintenance. You will be part of building new features and integrations in React Native as well as keeping the native modules and corresponding libs up to date.
Collaboration is always the key so you are expected to listen and discuss, and always support your colleagues when you can.
What we offer
- A possibility to make a difference for children growing up today
- A great atmosphere with engaged colleagues!
- Nice Convendum office with gym, table tennis, good coffee and wonderful view over Stockholm ström. We love our daily breakfast and office culture
- We appreciate people in the office but if you prefer to be working from home, we are fine with that too
- Flexible working hours
Some facts about Gimi
- Winner of Mastercard Lighthouse awards autumn 2020
- Europe’s top 100 hottest Startups 2019 according to Wired
- Editor’s choice - Best app all categories - App Store
- 1,5M downloads
- Approved by Young Money (UK) as educational tool
- Partnership with Mastercard
- Founders of the Fin Lit network where scientists, politicians, teachers and representatives from private and public sector meets and discuss financial literacy for children
- We do not support relocation at the moment
Looking forward to hearing from you!