Let me guess
You’ve been working in this industry for many years, you still enjoy it, but it doesn’t challenge you anymore. You feel like it’s time to give back and focus on improving the society around you.
You’ve also been enjoying working from home, during the past 2 years, but you miss some social interaction now and then.
At Gimi, we believe that Financial Superskills are essential in a modern cashless society and that kids should learn early-on how to earn, save and spend their own money. So we’re building the best personal finance app on the planet – for kids and parents alike. Founded in Stockholm in 2015, Gimi aims to become the world’s leading financial platform for young people.
Through integrations with banks and financial service providers, we make the educational aspect much more tangible, by teaching children how to use real money.
Looking ahead, Gimi will transform to an ed-tech company where we will continue our focus of teaching children and young adults about money, always looking into trends and technology to find new ways to reach children.
And if you like to work from home, that’s fine. If you like to work from the office, that's also fine. Come to the office in Slussen, grab a desk, meet everyone, have some nice whiteboard discussions and treat yourself to some nice restaurant made food with 3D people.
Now listen up
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our Tech team and build fun and intuitive learning experiences for our young people!
You’ll be working across the entire product lifecycle of product development including requirement specification, implementation, delivery, maintenance and support. If you are interested in defining groundbreaking educational and financial features for the future generation, you will fit right in!
You’ll be a crucial part of our cross-functional team, consisting of developers, product and business professionals. Gimi is a fast moving startup company taking quick decisions and always focusing on delivering value to our customers. In this role it is important to enjoy working independently and to take on a lot of responsibility and pride in the work you are delivering.
What do you say?
- Follow best practices in creating maintainable and high quality code
- Collaborate with anyone required to get the job done
- Be aware of how your surroundings and what’s going on in the company
- Know how your work affects others inside and outside the organisation
- Keep yourself up with technology
- 5+ years developing software using OO languages and web frameworks
- 5+ years creating, using and maintaining relational databases
- 3+ years developing cloud software and AWS administration
- 2+ years designing and maintaining REST APIs
- 1+ year with Python
- Thorough with test coverage and code reviews
- Experience deploying container based applications
- Strong communication, collaboration and documentation skills
- You are comfortable creating highly scalable systems
- Solution driven with ability to understand the big picture
- Detail oriented, and able to work autonomously with minimal direction
- Living in Sweden, preferably in Stockholm
Nice to have
- FinTech industry
- Agile methodologies
- Experience with Django
- Full-time position
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible working location
- Great environment for sharing your knowledge and growing with others
- An opportunity to contribute to creating an amazing experience for children
- Beautiful office with Mälaren view in central Stockholm, Convendum, Slussen
We do not offer
- We do not offer support for relocation, at the moment
And here are some facts about Gimi
- Winner of Mastercard Lighthouse awards autumn 2020
- Europe’s top 100 hottest Startups 2019 according to Wired
- Editor’s choice - Best app all categories - App Store
- 1,5M downloads
- Approved by Young Money (UK) as educational tool
- Partnership with Mastercard
- Founders of the Fin Lit network where scientists, politicians, teachers and representatives from private and public sector meets and discuss financial literacy for children
I mean, does this sound like you or someone you know? Drop a line to Gonçalo, CTO, at email@example.com with a link to your updated LinkedIn profile.